Wednesday, March 08, 2006

All Tuckered Out



Since dad has been gone all week, Sebastian has been taking advantage of ruling the house. In the middle of the night, he'd be zooming across the room, chasing after Yaffa, making tons of noise at 4:30am. I try not to be a disciplinarian, but a few times I had to crawl out of bed, pick up Sebastian and talk sternly to him. And by talking sternly, I mean, I pick him up, tell him, "Sebastian, please go to bed", and I put him next to me to cuddle. Sometimes he humors me and sits there until I fall asleep, but most times, as soon as I lay down, he jumps off the bed and goes straight for Yaffa. Then at 7:30am, as I get up for work, I see Sebastian all tuckered out, and sleeping like the sweet kitty he is. I ask him, "Why can't you sleep so soundly, when I'm sleeping?" And I can imagine him saying, "But that wouldn't be as fun". I like how he uses his arm for a pillow to sleep on. He's lucky he's a cute cat, and can get away with this without me being angry. However, every day this week I've had really dark circles under my eyes. My co-workers have been telling me I look tired. Now I know how it feels to have kids.

11 comments:

Kukka-Maria said...

My mom hates it when I rouse her from bed--especially on weekend mornings when she doesn't need to get up for work!

Nicely done, Sabastian! Keep up the good work!

Fat Eric said...

Hi Sebastian! Nice to meet you - thanks for visiting my blog!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Cute pictures Sebastian! I love those little pink kitty pads on your feet! -sss's mom

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Dolce is exactly the same way. Did the two of them compare notes at Magoo's party? We didn't see Dolce until she was eight weeks old. When we look at Sebastian's baby pictures, we imagine that's what she would have looked like.

DK & The Fluffies said...

I love walking on mom's hair at 2:30am.

The Meezers or Billy said...

yep, our mommy feels 'xactly the same way - 'specially when i try and use her as a launching pad to try and stand on the ceiling at 3am. - Miles

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

For sure, for sure......that is what I do to Mom and Dad at night. She yells, "stop it, Patches" but I dont listen. Then I sleep all day. Dad comes over and says wake up, wake up......you wouldnt let us sleep last night, and he nudges me! Of course, Mittens, being a goody two shoes, just watches me when I get crazy in the nights.

Gigolo Kitty said...

Good work Sebastian!

BTW: GK's red outfit was made out of vinyl and the lacing was done with narrow black satin ribbons. His Unfortunate!Mistress is still whining about the number of times she stabbed herself with a needle over it.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Sebastian and I compared notes too. I start practicin for the olympics at 4:30 and the weekends are even better coz mom doesn't get out of bed so I runs as fast as I can and jump right in her face and say mmmmrrrrrrrmmmmyyyy get up!

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

Related Posts with Thumbnails