Wednesday, June 16, 2010

84 year old letter!

Yesterday when my husband was working up in the attic taking out more floor boards he found something so interesting and cool! He found an old letter that was postmarked 1926!! The letter was written to a person named Julius (the previous owner I'm guessing) and it talked about not being able to go to the "city" until Saturday because that's when he get's paid. The letter said for Julius to bring his red scarf that night and to give it a good wash. They were planning a night out in Manhattan, so neat!


Also, I started a new gardening blog. The cats were getting annoyed that the blog was veering off onto another topic, sorry kitties! So please visit us here to read about our urban gardening adventure!
http://nycgardening.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a very cool find.

Anya said...

As an archivist by profession - I find that really neat! (Thanks for your note on my blog re. Chesney)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It is fun to find treasures like that.

Anonymous said...

That us SOOOO amazing!

Ivan from WMD said...

My mom loves finding things like that! How cool!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

We like treasures, preferably the kind that is food. MOL

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

How khool!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cheyenne -Millie said...

That is interesting! A little piece of history!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh my gosh! That is awesome! You could frame it and hang it in the hallway or something. What a great piece of history.
That armchair picture is so cute. I'm not sure I would share like that.
We'll go see your gardening blog right now.

The Island Cats said...

What a cool thing to find!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Can you find the letter writer? The object of the letter? The descendents?

The Big Thing

A few Good Cats said...

That is a neat surprise! In a house where I lived 40 years ago, I found a couple of souvenirs from the Chicago world's Fair of 1933, but thatdoesn't compare to a letter sent more than 80 years ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails